Students succeed when we create a culture of career and professional development support across campus. Doing so requires collaboration with faculty and academic departments. Studies show that faculty are the second most trusted influencers in a student’s life, behind their family. It’s integral to our mission to work with faculty to provide classroom presentations and programs as well as sharing professional contacts.
Examples of engagement:
- Class presentation specific topics such as resumes, CVs, and salary negotiation (45 minutes)
- Overview of CCPD services (10 minutes)
- Faculty meeting to discuss or do training on specific topic
- Course requirement for CCPD resume review or career counseling sessions (required advance planning with CCPD)
- Add the Canvas CCPD module to your course. The module gives an overview of services, events and tools offered.
- Encourage students to active their Handshake account to engage with employers. What is Handshake?
Please reach out so we can work together in preparing our students to succeed in work and life.