Handshake is Mercer’s one-stop career development platform that connects students and alumni with employers as well as the Mercer Center for Career and Professional Development.
The university automatically creates a Handshake account for all enrolled students. To get started with Handshake (on or after the first day of class):
Allow 1-3 business days to have new accounts processed and approved. Handshake will send an email confirming the approval of the new account. Begin using Handshake immediately upon receiving account approval.
Use Handshake to:
- Discover career paths that align with your goals
- Upload your resume for review by the CCPD team
- Search and apply for jobs and internships
- Allow employers to find your profile during recruitment and directly message you
- Receive employer updates on new career opportunities
- Sign up for career fairs and events
- Access helpful career resources
- Utilize the new Peer Messaging feature to get career advice and connect with peers.
- Schedule phone, virtual, or face-to-face appointments with your career consultant
Handshake Support Site for Students and Alumni
Article: Getting Started With Handshake
Video: New Profile Setup
Questions about Handshake?
Contact Stefanie Swanger at (478) 301-2863 or email@example.com